History of RPimaging
History of Company
Founded in 1998, RPimaging (formerly Renaissance Photographic Imaging) was originally established to offer specialized printing in historical photographic processes. A pioneer in combining digital imaging with historical photographic processes, RPimaging provided advanced digital restoration services for museums and private archives with facsimiles printed using the original photographic process. Today RPimaging resells color management hardware, software, and training to ensure consistent and predictable color printing. RPimaging offers training, workflow consultation, and sales for creative and production businesses.
Color Management is an evolving technology. RPimaging has assisted numerous clients through the pains of implementing and using color management, not only in Photoshop, but downstream in page layout, illustration, RIPs, and computer-to-plate or direct-to-press systems. RPimaging helps clients integrate a color-managed workflow quickly and efficiently for current and legacy Mac and PC operating systems.
Color Management Experts
More than just a recognized expert in the color management industry, RPimaging has the unique ability to teach difficult concepts in way that is easy to understand and simple to implement. We offer practical methods of color calibration borne out of years of hard won experience in the trenches. Our expansive knowledge and relaxed approach allows you to learn at a comfortable pace while tackling complex problems. Our customers enjoy an increase of productivity and profitability through better use of equipment and personnel while not impairing current workflow methods.
RPimaging has built a reputation of providing exemplary on-site integration and training of color management and printing process control. Resellers, vendors, and distributors regularly use our color management and proofing integration services and pressroom color calibration in addition to working small and large customers who have already have color management tools but are confused on their use and implementation in their shop.
RPimaging is a reseller and certified training provider in popular color management and RIP products including BestColor, CGS, ColorBurst, EFI, GretagMacbeth, Onyx, Pantone, and X-Rite. We offer a free needs analysis color management assessement form that helps us understand your problems and goals and current working environment. We respond with our recommendations that meet your goals and resolve your problems and detail a plan of implementation.
Benefits of RPimaging's Training and Integration:
- Quicker return-on-investment with on-site training and integration.
- Reduce waste (paper, ink, time) in print for pay businesses.
- Achieve the highest quality output possible in the shortest time.
- Predict color output and adjust with confidence before printing the job.
- Accurately simulate Pantone PMS colors.
- Simulate a device's color characteristics on another device reliably.
- Achieve day-to-day color consistency.
- Maintain color accuracy to increase profit margin.
- Competitive advantage through the adoption of established industry standards for color control leading to increased customer satisfaction.
- Decentralize color control from a singular employee or vendor.
- “Drag and drop” color matching simplicity; works with virtually any application.
RPimaging serves professionals in diverse industries including:
- Commercial Printers
- Pre-Press Service Providers
- Fine Art Printers | Publisher
- Print Service bureaus
- Photographers | Studios
- Advertising Agencies, Public and Media relations
- Colleges and Universities
- Motion graphics