X-Rite ColorChecker Classic Chart
The ultimate goal of any process of photography, electronic publishing, printing or television is to reproduce all colors perfectly. To help make meaningful judgments about color rendition, a totally non-subjective standard of comparison is needed. That is why the GretagMacbeth ColorChecker chart was developed. It provides the needed standard with which to compare, measure and analyze differences in color reproduction in various processes. The ColorChecker is a checkerboard array of 24 scientifically prepared colored squares in a wide range of colors. Many of these squares represent natural objects of special interest, such as human skin, foliage and blue sky.
These squares are not only the same color as their counterparts, but also reflect light the same way in all parts of the visible spectrum. Because of this unique feature, the squares will match the colors of natural objects under any illumination and with any color reproduction process. The ColorChecker chart provides an easy way to recognize and evaluate the many factors that can affect color reproduction. To evaluate the effect of varying any given factor, simply compare the chart's color image (photograph, television picture, computer monitor or printed sample) with the actual ColorChecker. This comparison may be made visually or through optical density measurements.
- Photography - Check films, lights, filters and paper
- Graphic Arts - Check any printing or proofing process
- Electronic Publishing - Check scanners, monitors and proofing devices
- Television - Check cameras, monitors, lights and film
- A 4 x 6 array of 2in colored squares used for calibrating and evaluating color reproduction systems
- The ColorChecker is 8.5 x 11.5 inches proportioned to fill a 35mm frame
- Packaged in a protective sleeve with a leaflet describing suggested applications and technical information
Variant 1 List price $80.00 Product Actual Weight No Physical Size (H x D x W) No Computer OS No Warranty Limited Manufacturer Warranty ICC Version No