Techkon SpectroDrive, with its automatic color and density measurement capabilities is the perfect solution to substantially increase press productivity by ensuring consistent print-to-print color accuracy throughout the press run.
SpectroDrive | Auto Scanning Spectrophotometer
The SpectroDrive scans press sheet color bars in a matter of seconds while simultaneously sending spectral and density measurement data to a PC running the Techkon Expresso software. The measured density and color information is displayed with suggested density changes for more accurate color.
- Scan a 40″ press sheet in less than 8 seconds
- The instrument can be used for automatic scanning or as a hand-held device for “spot check” measurements
- G7 functionality with recommended ink key specific adjustments of C,M,Y densities to obtain neutral values according to the G7 specification
- The ink zone control strip can be printed and measured anywhere on the press sheet
- InkCheck feature measures density and color and suggests ink key specific density changes to obtain more accurate color
Scan-Measurement System SpectroDrive
Quality on the fast track
The new TECHKON SpectroDrive, with its automatic color and density measurement capabilities is the perfect solution to substantially increase press productivity by ensuring consistent print-to-print color accuracy throughout the press run.
The system consists of two components: The motorized measurement system scans the complete color bar on a printed sheet within seconds and simultaneously sends the spectral measurement data wirelessly to the PC where all relevant information for controlling the printing press is displayed. One unique feature of SpectroDrive is its flexibility to be used with any press type or format. TECHKON SpectroDrive is delivered as a complete turn-key system.
The TECHKON ExPresso software offers a comprehensive tool-set comprising measurement of CMYK and spot colors, support of up to 16 print units, face and reverse printing, display of color density, dot gain, gray balance, L*a*b*-values and recommendations on how to adjust the ink on the press. This is only an excerpt of the complete functionality. Thanks to its modularity, TECHKON ExPresso is expandable and versatile. The measurement data can be exported into other software applications that connect real-time to printing presses to enable a "closed loop" turn-key solution.
Due to the trend of smaller print jobs and shorter press runs the time from starting a press to getting it “in color” and running with consistent quality is cost critical. SpectroDrive reduces this “non-productive” set-up time dramatically. You will increase profitability thanks to substantially reducing paper and ink waste and getting more precious time out of your printing press. The system makes your printing jobs predictable and calculable.
In addition, the complaint rate will go down significantly and your customers will appreciate the sensible gain and reliability of the print quality.
The high rate of return of investment is amazing. The relative low - and only one time - investment will show in recurring profits almost immediately. Also, older printing presses get a productivity boost thanks to SpectroDrive.
Ease of use and high speed measurement
Setting up a printing press can be compared with starting a jet plane. It is a time-critical process, where the press operator - like a pilot - must observe and perform a multitude of important tasks at the same time. Hence, during the development of SpectroDrive great care was taken in delivering a system that is easy to use, does not distract from running the press and delivers all significant information instantly and automatically.
The measurement device only has one button to start the measurement process. The PC-software ExPresso has a self explanatory user interface which can be operated via touchscreen. Installation is simple as well. After a few minutes the system is operable and ready to take measurements.
Two measurement systems in one
This relates not only to the technical fact that the spectral measurements allow displaying densitometric and colorimetric data, but that SpectroDrive can be used as a scanning device as well as a hand held instrument for single measurements. Just take the device from the horizontal track and position it wherever you want to take a color measurement.
The TECHKON ExPresso software offers a comprehensive tool-set comprising measurement of spot colors, support ofup to 16 print units, face and reverse printing, display of color density, dot gain, gray balance, L*a*b*-values and recommendations on how to adjust the ink on the press. This is only an excerpt of the complete functionality.
Thanks to its modularity, TECHKON ExPresso is expandable and versatile. The measurement data can be exported into other software applications that connect real-time to printing presses to enable a ‘close loop’ turn-key solution. In addition, TECHKON ExPresso can export measured data to standard applications such as Microsoft Excel.
Techkon SpectroDrive Features
Modular and Compact
- Works with any sheet or press format
- Horizontal track can be shipped in any length
- Space-saving measurement device fits on any table
- Delivery contains all components supplied in a practical carrying case
Easy to Handle
- Fast, motorized scanning by pressing the green measurement button on touch-screen or on the device itself
- Automatic white calibration
- TECHKON ExPresso PC-software can be operated with or without the touch-screen
- The device can easily be used as hand held device for spot measurements as well
Easy to Install
- Installation is complete within five minutes without any major assembly effort
- Complete system is maintenance free
- Measurement system can be flipped 180°, if the color bar is on the opposite side of the printed sheet
- Wireless, fast data transmission; no cable required
- The mounting table can be inclined up to 45°
- No vacuum air suction is necessary to hold down the printed sheet
Complete measurement information
- Any color bar can be measured
- Color bar can be at any location on the printed sheet
- No limitation in paper thickness
- Automatic polarizing filter function for densitometric and colorimetric measurements
- Precise spectral engine with automatically insertable polarizing filter
- Patented measurement head for easy positioning conforming to ISO and DIN standards
- UV cut filter option available
- Robust design for reliable function in a harsh industrial environment
- High resolution spectral measurement of a complete color bar within seconds (e.g. 500 mm in only 4 seconds!)
- Online-wireless data transmission during scan
- Information overview displays relevant parameters for quality control
|Product Actual Weight||1.8 lbs|
|Physical Size (H x D x W)||No|
|Warranty||Limited Manufacturer Warranty|
|Density||Dot Gain, Dot Area, Print Contrast, Grayness|
|Measurement Aperture Size||2 x 1.5 mm|
|Measurement Time||Approximately 150 mm/s|
|Pantone Library Included||No|
|Max CMYK Printer Profiling Patches||No|
|CMYK Printer Profiling||No|
|Max Multi-Color Printer Profiling Patches||No|
|Max RGB Printer Profiling Patches||No|
|Supported Color Measurement Devices||No|
|Supported Color Measurement Devices via ColorPort Software||No|
No questions asked yet