SpotOn! makes it easy for any print shop to test and generate reports showing the consistency of their printing process. Simply run an i1® scanning spectrophotometer over the color control strip and SpotOn! automatically generates reports on solid ink density, ink accuracy to ISO standards, G7 neutral print density deviation, trapping, TVI (dot gain), gray balance deviation and gamut.
SpotOn! can help printers achieve and maintain optimum results to the GRACoL and SWOP specifications by evaluating how a press is performing over time. SpotOn! software is easy to use - you do not have to be an engineer or a press expert to use this tool and understand what the reports are telling you. Plus, by monitoring the printing process, printers will be able to trend possible problems at any given moment, thereby, producing a higher quality product with less re-do's. All this helps you produce more consistent results, match proofs better, reduce waste, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Solid ink density variations
- Ink Solids and Overprints compared to ISO standards
- G7 Neutral Print Density deviation
- TVI (dot gain)
- Gray Balance deviation
- Average Deviations over time
- Density to DeltaE Trends
- Density to NPDC, TVI Trends
- Target Date Ink & Paper Values
- This table displays the values for the current Target Dataset in the Job Information screen. The chosen setting is displayed at the end of the title in parentheses along with the chosen Meas. Backing.
- Press Sheet Measured Ink & Paper Values
- This table displays the measured values for the current Pull being displayed.
- Delta Press Sheet to Target Values
- This table displays the difference (delta) bewtween the Target Data Ink & Paper Values (1) and the Press Sheet Measured Ink & Paper Values (2). The Target Values are subtracted from the Paper Values to arrive at the number displayed.
- Pass/Fail Press Sheets to Target Values
- This table displays the deltaE76 values comparing the Target Data Ink & Paper Values (1) with the Press Sheet Measured Ink & Paper Values (2). PASS or FAIL are displayed based on the tolerance setting in preferences for the deltaE value. The default setting for the deltaE tolerance is 5 and 3. With the default setting a deltaE of 5 and above is a red FAIL. A deltaE between 3 and 5 is an orange PASS, and a deltaE less than 3 is a green PASS.
- Solid Ink Densities & Tone Value Increase
- This table displays the Solid Ink Densities (SID) for each process color relative to paper (-paper) using Status T filtration. Also displayed are the Tone Value Increase (TVI, aka Dot Gain) values for 50% using the Murray-Davies formula.
- Apparent Trap
- This table displays the apparent trap values for the overprints using the Preucil formula.
- TVI All
- This graph displays the CMYK TVI curves from 0 to 100% at 5%, 25%, 50%, and 75%. The graph is smoothed between data points and uses the Murray-Davies formula to calculate the TVI values.
- This graph displayes the relationship between the CMY inks overprints and the Target Data. The a* & b* values for the Target Data are the large circles. The lines are the a* & b* values for the inks and overprints. These lines radiate out from white paper to solid ink.
- Primaries Deviation
- This graph displays a more precise picture of the relationship between the CMYK inks and overprints to the Target Data. The center of the graph is the target for each color. The data points show how far each color is from its target and which way it has to move to get to the target.
- L* Deviation
- This graph displays the L* variance from the Delta Press Sheet to Target Values table in a visual manner.
- ΔE Deviation
- This graph displays the deltaE values in the Pass/Fail Press Sheet to Target Values table in visual manner.
|Product Actual Weight||No|
|Physical Size (H x D x W)||No|
|Computer OS||Mac OS 10.4 (Tiger), Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard), Win XP (32 bit), Win Vista (32 bit)|
|Warranty||Limited Manufacturer Warranty|
|Max RGB Printer Profiling Patches||No|
|Max CMYK Printer Profiling Patches||No|
|Max Multi-Color Printer Profiling Patches||No|
|CMYK Printer Profiling||No|
|Supported Color Measurement Devices||No|
|Supported Color Measurement Devices via ColorPort Software||No|