The ImageNest Software RIP is a layout application that can print directly to any printer or create PDF files to drop into popular proofing RIP’s like ColorBurst X-Photo and ColorBurst X-Proof. ImageNest includes options for automatic Image sizing, Batch image Sizing, best fit nesting and much more.
ImageNest can layout and size any Photo or Image
ImageNest supports nearly every file format available including DNG, Camera RAW, PSD, PDF, PostScript, JPG, TIFF, and all the rest. FIles are automatically nested for optimal paper savings. ImageNest can perform this function for any printer and any page size and will automatically re-fit multiple images if you change page sizes.
New in Version 3.0
Version 3.0 is a complete re-write of the software from the ground up and contains not only major enhancements to existing feature--but new functionality as well. Some major highlights are:
- Application Color management in 10.5 and 10.6
- 64 Bit mode installer
- New layout modes
- Rotate single of multiple image in any layout mode
- Manual Layout mode
- Image Alignment Grid (with "Snap to" feature)
- Cut, Copy and Paste
- Image Overlapping with overlap priority control
- Enhanced image editor
- New cut marks styles
ImageNest 3.0 is a free update for all. 3.0 is a complete re-write with not only additional features but better efficiency for all operations.
Here are some of our major new features:
- Rotate in Layout: Users can now rotate in all situations. Rotate works with all layout methods and in our new manual layout mode.
- Snap to Grid: A custom size grid feature allows users to “Snap To” guidelines. The layout grid can be custom sized both vertically and horizontally in any units of measure.
- Grid spacing control: Set custom sizes for grid lines
- Snap to Image Edges: Snap to Image Edges automatically detects the dimensions of other images in the layout and provides guidelines and a “Snap To” alignment feature.
- Additional cut Marks: Based on user feedback we have added new options for cut marks.
- Copy and paste: Copy and Paste images in the layout with Control C and Control V hotkeys.
- Ability to drag images between pages: Users can now drag images from one page to another with ease both quickly and easily.
- Image Overlap: Images can be set to overlap for collages or an image can be trimmed simply by moving it beneath another image.
- Image Editor: Our built in image editor now contains additional information about resolution and pixel dimensions.
- Manually add/delete pages: In addition to our automatic page creation users can now add or delete pages manually.
Photo and Image Layout Controls
The ImageNest RIP allows for users to select any printer, and page size, (including custom sizes), Crop Marks, Crop Mark offset, Spacing between Images, and multiple nesting methods. ImageNest can cut the time you spend laying out images to nothing. Layout 100 images or more in seconds !
Multiple Photo and Image Layout
ImageNest can layout as many photos or Images as you wish. No limit to the number of images you can have auto-sized and nested to your specifications.
Instantly add Multi-Image Layout for your copy of X-Photo and X-Proof. If you are a current user of any of ColorBurst’s Mac products you are in luck. ImageNest can add layout ability to your ColorBurst X-Photo or X-Proof RIP’s. Just use imagenest to create a PDF file that will drop right into the ColorBurst Job queue or Hotfolder. You will still be able to take full advantage of ColorBurst’s ICC Color Management, SWOP Proofing Ability, Color Bars and all of its features.
The ImageNest Software RIP is a layout application that can print directly to any printer or create PDF files to drop into popular proofing RIP’s like ColorBurst X-Photo and ColorBurst X-Proof. ImageNest includes options for automatic Image sizing, Batch image Sizing, best fit nesting and much more. ImageNest is a PostScript Level III RIP but is not a contract proofing RIP. To create SWOP or GRACOL certified pre-press proofs you will need a proofing RIP. ColorBurst is recommended
ColorBurst is the creator of the popular Mac proofing RIP’s X-Photo and X-Proof. X-Proof is SWOP and GRaCol certified on the industries most popular printers. SWOP and GRACOL certification are an absolute must for anyone who need to make contract quality pre-press proofs.
ImageNest supports the Epson Stylus Pro 4880 on OSX
ImageNest fully supports the new Epson Stylus Pro 4880 and allows photographers, proofers, and graphic arts printers to increase productivity and decrease printing cost immediately. Our proprietary layout and nesting algorithms ensure that users save valuable media and time on every print job.
Some of the most valuable features that The ImageNest software RIP includes for the Epson Stylus Pro 4880 Include: Click here to download a free demo
Layout Your files Instantly
With version 1.2 ImageNest will now have its Mac Layout controls directly in the layout interface so they are always available to the users. No more going to the Layout Button to configure your layout on the fly. Everything is right in front of your eyes. Perfect for a workflow on a large format printer such as the Epson Stylus Pro 4880.
Batch Size Files on Import
Now ImageNest customers can easily batch size files on import. ImageNest has the ability to take an unlimited number of files and resize them automatically before they are sent to our nested layout. Think of the amount of time that could save ! Grab 20 Files, make them all 5 by 7, Grab another 20 make them all 4 by 5. Options for Fit to Size or Fit to Fill allow users to specify how to deal with any difference in aspect ratio. You won’t find this feature in any other software RIP.
Printing of Embedded JPG files inside DNG files
DNG files contain 2 major imaging components. The Camera RAW data (which is the original data that a camera recorded) and a JPG file that contains a bitmap image of all the corrections that have been made to the Camera RAW file. ImageNest is the ONLY RIP on the market that will extract the JPG files and print them. This is a major leap forward in making a full DNG workflow into a reality.
|Product Actual Weight||No|
|Physical Size (H x D x W)||No|
|Warranty||Limited Manufacturer Warranty|
|RIP Features||Includes ICC Profiling|
|Epson Printers||4000, 7000, 9000, 10000, 4800, 7800, 9800, 10600, 4880, 7880, 9880, 11880, 7900, 9900|
|HP Printers||5000, 5500, Z2100, Z3100, Z3200,|
|Canon Printers||iPF5000, iPF8000, iPF9000, iPF5100, iPF6100, iPF8100, iPF9100|
|Supported Color Measurement Devices||No|
Will this RIP software work on the Agfa Sherpa 54 (otherwise know as the Moutoh 6100)? Many thanks.
From Paul Holden at 9/4/11 1:29 PM