Curve3 Ships -- May 2013
The latest version of the Curve software is now available as of May 2013. Curve2 has been discontinued and replaced with Curve3.
Ease of G7 Implementation
Over 50 new functions and features have been added to Curve2, enhancing the intuitive interface of IDEAlink Curve to further simplify the G7 calibration process and improve its effectiveness. From basic pre-qualification tools that verify ink and paper colors, to conformance metrics for NPDC and gray balance, Curve2 elevates the whole process of G7 calibration and monitoring.
All aspects of a G7 calibration are contained in a new document format capable of holding a series of related press runs in one single file. Successive press runs are linked to previous runs so that Curve2 can accurately calculate new curves based on previous curves, perform run-to-run checks, and qualify how accurately a particular run or sample meets the G7 definition.
* You will be sent a product code and directed to a URL to download your IDEAlink Curve software.
NEW Virtual Press Run Module:
Without VPR, obtaining a press profile from a G7-calibrated press requires at least two press runs; one with null plate curves to calculate the G7 calibration curves, and a second to print the profiling target through the resulting plate curves to profile the press.
VPR normally eliminates the need for the second press run. The G7 curves calculated from the first run are applied mathematically to the profiling target measurements of the first run, producing measurements that appear as if they were produced on a second "virtual" run.
Software to Simplify G7 Calibration of Proofing and Plate-Making Systems
- Generate dot %-based correction values for most popular RIPs
- Compare your press or proofing system to GRACoL 7 and SWOP
- Qualify individual proofs as often as you like
- Curve2 is your link to simple G7™ implementation. Easily calibrate and verify all your systems without the tedium and uncertainty of manual curve drawing.
- Input P2P target readings from your measurement software and automatically average data from multiple targets with IDEALink Curve. Then, see a real-time comparison of your measured curves to GRACoL 7 or SWOP specifications (3-Tone Gray NPDC, Black NPDC, Gray balance).
See a real-time comparison of your measured curves to GRACoL 7 or SWOP specifications:
- 3-Tone Gray NPDC
- Black NPDC
- Gray balance
Compare your system (red) to the ideal G7 curve (green)
Quickly check ink hue and chroma
Compare TVI (dot gain) curves
IDEAlink Curve provides graphical analysis of:
- Gray Balance
- TVI / Dot Gain
- Ink Hue / Chroma
Automatically calculate RIP curve corrections as Absolute Tone Values or Delta Tone Values. As well as:
- Use standard entry points for most popular RIPs
- Add or subtract entry points for custom RIPs
- Include or exclude gray balance corrections
- Set target gray value manually or from paper white
Variant 1 List price $1,199.00 Product Actual Weight No Physical Size (H x D x W) No Computer OS Mac OS 10.4 (Tiger), Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard), Win XP (32 bit) Warranty Limited Manufacturer Warranty ICC Version No Profiling Choices No Max RGB Printer Profiling Patches No Max CMYK Printer Profiling Patches No Max Multi-Color Printer Profiling Patches No Monitor Profiling No CMYK Printer Profiling No Supported Color Measurement Devices No Supported Color Measurement Devices via ColorPort Software No