pressSIGN-Pro version 4
pressSIGN-Pro measures and controls the printing process for up to 6 colour printing to ensure accurate colour on press. pressSIGN-Pro features complete set of analysis tools to help improve press and operator performance identifying issues of wastage and quality.
Each pressSIGN-Pro installation comes with a free copy of pressSIGN-Trends.
Read the full width of the press sheet with pressSIGN-Pro using the X-Rite Eye-One and pressSIGN extended ruler, X-Rite EasyTrax S, Techkon SpectroDrive, Techkon SpectroJet or import CGATS data from a number of autoscanning devices like X-Rite's Intellitrax S, Heidelberg's ImageControl and Komori's PDC-SII.
pressSIGN-Pro v 4 main features include
pressSIGN summary view
- uniquely predicts the best possible density - based on the press target selected and the actual ink and paper in use.
- Pantone® Libraries for 5 or 6 colour printing
- Create and adjust plate curves
- Update all common platesetter RIPs - no need to type in curve data - export directly from pressSIGN
- Create your own spot colour libraries - exportable to other pressSIGN users
- Upload reports to the internet for access by other staff members or clients
- The summary view shows all aspects of job including density, dot gain, grey balance, trapping, overprint and overall score
- The full sheet view shows how to adjust each ink key density to achieve the lowest Delta E
- Identify readings as make-ready or production mode and see how long each operator and/or press takes to get up to production mode.
- The Trend view windows shows overall score and score for the individual measured criteria for each reading or job.
- The second Trend view window shows value for every criteria by reading or by job.
- Create averaged dot gain curves from multiple readings. Allows two presses to be set up with the same plate queue
- Compensation for the colour shift as ink dries (dry back)
- Easy to use scoring with traffic light system to monitor performance
- All International Printing Standards built-in
- Input any CMYK ICC profile and make the profile the press target.
- Read the actual media in use to adjust the press target export the amended ICC profile back to pre-press for accurate proofing based on the actual media in use.
- Make individual readings anywhere on the press sheet for density, dot area, Lab, DeltaE comparisons
- pressSIGN provides an across the sheet consistency score. This can be part of the overall job score, giving a better assessment of the quality of the print.
- Receive a detailed pdf report for measurements or a production report for single or multiple jobs showing complete job or multiple job analysis
- Generate the colour bar to match the press target you have selected
- Search the pressSIGN database for existing readings and jobs by date, time, client, press, operator, make ready times, comments etc
- Save searches for re-use
- Sort jobs by name date, score, press, operator etc.
- Import single or multiple jobs
pressSIGN - Five easy steps to accurate colour
- add the pressSIGN-Pro control strip to one of your jobs
- read the control strip with your Eye-One or other measurement device and adjust the densities as recommended for each ink key by pressSIGN-Pro
- read the control strip when dry and update the dry back calculations
- adjust the plate curve as recommended by pressSIGN
- run the next job with the pressSIGN settings and you'll have consistently accurate colour
pressSIGN-Pro 4 multi-tasking database
pressSIGN-Pro 4 is based around a multi-tasking database with multiple clients running either pressSIGN-Pro or pressSIGN-Trends (free with every pressSIGN-Pro installation). The pressSIGN administrator can assign rights to other pressSIGN users.
pressSIGN-Pro and pressSIGN-Trends run on any combination of Mac OS X 4 (or higher), Windows 7, XP and Vista
The pressSIGN administrator who usually operates pressSIGN-Trends and can:
- Create jobs with name, press target, ink and paper, run length, press, spot colours, client and any instructions for operator
- Allocate jobs to an operator - the operator will only see his own jobs and jobs that are ready to print are highlighted
- Create own spot colour libraries
- Upload jobs to pressSIGN OnLine
- Administer pressSIGN OnLine
pressSIGN-Pro 4 Pantone and Spot Colours
pressSIGN 4 contains all the following Pantone® Libraries
- PANTONE Matching System® PMS - coated, uncoated & matte
- PANTONE Goe® System - coated & uncoated
- PANTONE Matching System® Plus Series coated & uncoated
pressSIGN-Pro users can create their own spot colour libraries by typing in a Lab value or measuring a colour swatch. User defined colour libraries can be exported to other pressSIGN users.
pressSIGN-Pro 4 - full press width color bar
Generate a color bar for the full width of the press sheet (see screen shot)) or as a single set of patches for placement on the press sheet. Use the full width color bar to replace your current color bar or use the single color bar as an additional bar on the sheet.
pressSIGN generates the color bar based on the press target you have chosen. For example, you may have selected an ICC profile as your press target but your customer wants to print on a different paper color. Read the new paper color with the Eye-One, re-calculate the grey balance, select the measure points for the tints and save the settings. Now generate a new color bar based on your customers needs.
pressSIGN 4 predicts the correct density
All international printing standards set target L*a*b* color values for the primaries (CMYK). pressSIGN converts these target colours into density settings that the press operator can use. See the pressSIGN summary window above. In that window pressSIGN tells the operator that for the best results (i.e. lowest Delta e) the magenta density needs to be increased by 5% , the yellow density needs 2% more but the cyan and black are as close to the standard as that ink, paper and press combination will allow.
pressSIGN-Pro 4 - adjust the density for each ink key across the press
pressSIGN-Pro reads across the press sheet and shows the operator how to adjust the density for each ink key to get the lowest possible Delta E.
pressSIGN 4 adjust the plate curve
To match the customer's proof and meet any press standard the dot gain on press must be controlled. pressSIGN reads the dot gain from the colour bar and generates an adjustment curve. This plate adjustment curve is then exported to the plate or imagesetter RIP. Most RIP formats are suported. Average several readings to get a smooth curve. Import readings from another press to create average plate adjustment curve to apply to two or more presses.
Make-Ready & Production Mode
pressSIGN-Pro 4 allows users to distinguish between make-ready and production mode. The job score saved to the database is based on the average score for production readings and excludes readings taken in make-ready mode so any reports generated are a true reflection of the performance of the press.
pressSIGN captures the job start time and the time when jobs enter production mode. Production reports make it easy to track make-ready times and compare between presses and operators enabling production managers to focus on issues that may be causing undue wastage.
pressSIGN 4 monitor and analyze press and operator performance
As a database application pressSIGN 4 stores all readings for quick and easy retrieval. The database can be searched by a whole range of criteria such as job name, press, operator, standard, score, comments, make-ready time, date, time etc. Searches can be saved for repeated use. Individual jobs can be re-opened in pressSIGN and the press/operator performance can be analysed not only for the overall performance, but also for all elements of the job; grey balance, dot gain, CMYK primary scores, overprint Lab, trapping.
Multiple jobs can be selected and re-opened in pressSIGN allowing users to examine the day's work on one press for example. Comparisons can be made between day and night shift or a report can be quickly compiled of all the jobs for one client.
pressSIGN version 4 gives production managers a whole range of opportunities to objectively see how they can improve print quality. See pressSIGN-Trends for the version of pressSIGN specifically designed for production managers who don't need to read data into the pressSIGN database but need to have access to all the data.
pressSIGN 4 compensates for dry-back
Use pressSIGN both to evaluate the press sheets and adjust the press during the press run. Because pressSIGN compensates for any colour shift that occurs as the ink dries, use pressSIGN to adjust the press-on-the-fly. Adjust the densities as suggested by pressSIGN and find the colours will dry back to hit the required targets. Each control strip reading takes only a few seconds and you have a objective measure of the colour, grey balance, trapping and overprint.
Measure the control strip in one sweep or individual patches
Variant N/A List price $4,695.00 Product Actual Weight No Physical Size (H x D x W) No Computer OS Mac OS 10.4 (Tiger), Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard), Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard), Win XP (32 bit), Win XP (64 bit), Win Vista (32 bit), Win Vista (64 bit) Warranty Limited Manufacturer Warranty ICC Version No Profiling Choices Edit ICC Profiles, Evaluate | Analyze ICC Profiles Max RGB Printer Profiling Patches No Max CMYK Printer Profiling Patches No Max Multi-Color Printer Profiling Patches No Monitor Profiling No CMYK Printer Profiling No Supported Color Measurement Devices Komori's PDC-SII, Techkon SpectroDrive, Techkon SpectroJet , X-Rite EasyTrax S, X-Rite Intellitrax S Supported Color Measurement Devices via ColorPort Software i1Pro, i1iO, i1iSis, IntelliTrax