In the beginning of May we notified customers of the long anticipated release of Chromix Curve3 was indeed now available.
Shortly after some of the customers who upgraded to Curve3 reported issues importing the CGAT file exported from Curve3. Specifically we noticed these calls from Caldera VisualRIP+ and Caldera GrandRIP+ v9 customers.
We looked into the issue and noticed a small change in one field. Editing this singular data field allows the CGAT file to again be imported into Caldera v9 RIP.
- Open the exported Curve3 data file in spreadsheet editor, using tab separated eliminator. You can also use a text editor as long as the formatting is retained and not changed to .rtf
- Find the data field "SAMPLE_NAME" and update to "SAMPLENAME"
- Save data file again using tab delimited export from the spreadsheet editor
- You can now import in Caldera v9.1.x Build 130424 or earlier
This week Caldera released an update to address this small incompatibility. There has been numerousCaldera v9.1 RIP updates this year. Be proactive and backup your system before updating and applying Caldera patches.
- If you are using Caldera v9.1x with Curve2 -- compatible, no update required, still supported in build 130607 or later
- If you are using Caldera v9.1x with Curve3 -- should upgrade to build 130607 or later which supports updated Curve3 formatting. Download update from Caldera User area from http://usernet.caldera.com/