X-Rite Discontinues Old Spectrodensitometers
X-Rite, one of the leaders in color matching hardware, has decided to make the move to drop a large selection of spectrodensitometers from their product portfolio. This move has been made in order to help promote their new product, the X-Rite eXact. The X-Rite eXact is X-Rite's newest revolutionary spectrodensitometer designed with productivity in mind. The eXact introduces a wealth of new features into X-Rite's spectrodensitometer lineup. Included in the list of discontinued spectrodensitometers are the following:
If you're the proud owner of one of these devices, or you were planning on buying one, fret not, as X-Rite has already announced that they will be continuing support and service for all of the aforementioned models until 2020 (7 years after the discontinuation date). If you've been debating purchasing one of these devices, however, you may want to look into the X-Rite eXact equivalent. The eXact is the latest hardware from X-Rite, and it boasts quite a few new features including:
- Industry first color touch screen display that simplifies device operation
- Range of product configurations that scale to meet business needs
- Color pass/fail reporting against industry standards
- Un-tethered calibration, specification, and data capturing
- Embedded Pantone libraries for access to industry-leading color reference standards.
- Expanded on device storage allows for job presets and color libraries to be saved
- BestMatch offers a fast way to accurately measure ink colors throughout the press run
The eXact comes in three different flavors: the densitometer, the standard, and the advanced. If you want to figure out which model is the best fit for you, visit our product listing to see the features of each. With the discontinuation of these spectrodensitometers, there's no better time than now to upgrade to the latest, greatest technology from X-Rite.