Cloud Based Color Quality Assurance Software
The Techkon ChromaQA is currently in beta. Techkon has projected a September release date for the ChromaQA.
Techkon ChromaQA enables digital, flexographic, and packaging printers to clearly identify unacceptable color, density and dot gain variations at every point during print production. ChromaQA’s Cloud version offers the ability to remotely create, edit and monitor print jobs, color libraries and quickly determine how well a print job is performing from virtually anywhere in the world via the Internet or company internal Intranet, in real-time.
What is the ChromaQA Solution
The standard version is for singer user installations that do not require remote access.
The cloud is built specifically for larger businesses with multiple presses and print facilities to manage custom jobs remotely via the internet. With the ChromaQA Cloud you can govern the color quality of countless jobs in real time, multiple locations using either web browser, smart phone or a tablet.
Managing Color Libraries
Easily build, edit and govern countless color libraries using the versatile color library management system. Doing this you can ensure that a print job being printed on multiple presses or in a multiple facilities is using the same target reference color tolerance and values. With this highly compatible software you can now import and export color libraries to common formats:
- Excel CSV
Monitoring the Press Run
The ChromaQA Cloud edition enables an operator to setup four levels of permissions: Level 1 is designed for the administrator and allows unlimited access to manage all files on the server. The Administrator can add, edit or delete users and configure Levels 2, 3 and 4 permissions to provide users with varying levels of access. This edition can be installed on a company’s Intranet or hosted by Techkon. Throughout the press run, ChromaQA collects color data and displays an intuitive graphic and numeric display of the measured colors on the monitor. The data can be viewed in multiple formats including:
The ChromaQA Cloud edition allows a user to configure 4 levels of administration. Level 1 is built for the administrator and grants full access to all files available on the server. The other 3 levels of permissions can be fully customized the administrator. The admin can then modify, erase or create new users, adjusting their custom permissions as he/she sees fit. This edition can be hosted directly from Techkon or on a company's Intranet. Throughout the press process the ChromaQA gathers data relating directly to color quality.
- Single Sheet Snap Shot – up-to-the-minute reporting of print job performance – either via the Internet or company Intranet. Report includes delta E, density and dot gain derivation from the tolerance values.
- L* a* b* Color – visual color analysis displays the target reference color against the printed sample color, alerting the operator to an out-of-tolerance condition, and recommending an action to correct the deviation.
- Statistical Reporting – generate detailed reports for a single press run, or multiple press runs of a job, for internal quality control personnel, press room manager or the print specifier.
- Trending – ChromaQA provides a unique analytic tool letting users run in-depth trend analysis of specific colors in print jobs that are printed on multiple presses, across different facilities and that are printed on a recurring basis. Follow the performance trend of these jobs over time and easily identify areas that need improvement, such as ink supply issues, press specific mechanical problems or overall improvement in process control guidelines.
- Exporting – reports printed or exported to PDF or Excel CSV format.
Click here to watch a video.